KKR vs PBKS Latest Betting Odds
As follows you will find the most competitive odds for the KKR vs PBKS match from the five best cricket betting sites worldwide:
KKR vs PBKS Betting: Top Team Batsman Odds
KKR vs PBKS Betting: Top Team Bowler Odds
KKR vs PBKS Betting Tips
KKR vs PBKS Betting Prediction
For KKR vs PBKS betting in the 8th match of IPL 2022, we’re backing KKR to win the match @ Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Here are some betting tips and predictions for this match that will help you make the most of your time IPL betting online:
- The Knight Riders and Punjab Kings will begin the match on a strong note as both teams won their maiden matches this season by a noteworthy margin, and we do not expect the match to be a walkover for the Knight Riders. Punjab will present a tough fight and KKR will be making a mistake if they let their guard down.
- From the injury perspective, both teams look fine and ready for this match, and the playing XI is predicted to be the same as the first match.
- The iconic Wankhede stadium, where the KKR vs PBKS match is scheduled to be played, is traditionally known to help score quick runs and is a batter’s paradise. The pitch offers good support for pace and spin too, and the dew factor will play a substantial role in determining results.
- The captain winning the toss will most likely opt to field first, to mitigate the dew effect. Another reason for opting to field first is that Wankhede is traditionally known as a chasing pitch, and this advantage combined with the dew factor, definitely helps the team batting second. The two IPL matches held at the Wankhede this season saw the toss-winning captains opting to field first, and thereafter going on to win the match.
- On the bowling front, KKR has a strong lineup of bowlers like Umesh Yadav, Varun Chakravarthy, and Nabi. We expect Umesh to deliver in the same manner that he did as in the first match against Chennai Super Kings where he was declared as the ‘Man of the Match’ for taking two wickets by giving away only 20 runs in four overs.
- We expect explosive batting from batters on both sides, but nonetheless, if we were to pick the top batter in this match, we would go with Shikhar Dhawan from Punjab Kings.
We recommend you to download a mobile betting app from the list of the best cricket betting apps to help yourself bet faster and more easily!
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings Team News
Kolkata Knight Riders
- The team is being led by a new captain this season, Shreyas Iyer, who has started the season on a positive note with a win against a strong team like Chennai Super Kings.
- The squad does not have any injury concerns, but will miss the value brought by the Australian duo− Pat Cummins and Aaron Finch, for the first few matches. The duo is part of the KKR squad, but will join the IPL after the first 5-6 matches due to their national team commitments.
- On the bowling front, the team has a superb combination of pace and spin. The likes of Umesh Yadav and Andre Russell fuel the pace attack, while Varun Chakravarthy, Sunil Narine, and Nabi, make brilliant spin deliveries to throttle the batters’ rhythm and contain runs.
- The team has no dearth of quality batters across the entire batting order. Ajinkya Rahane, and Shreyas Iyer are excellent top-order batsmen who can score and hold the wickets together. Down the line, there are hard-hitting batsmen and all-rounders like Andre Russell, Sam Billings, and Venkatesh Iyer, who play a crucial role in scoring during the death overs.
KKR Retained: Venkatesh Iyer, Sunil Narine, Varun Chakravarthy, Andre Russell
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS PROBABLE PLAYING XI
- The team has yet to win a single IPL title and will be eagerly looking forward to cracking the code this season under the captaincy of Mayank Agarwal, who was appointed the captain in the last season.
- The team took an aggressive stance during the auction, and punted big on young talent, while keeping a healthy mix of experienced players too, like Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, and Liam Livingstone. It does not have any injury concerns at the moment.
- The team has a capable batting order in Mayank Agarwal, and hard-hitters like Shikhar Dhawan and Liam Livingstone. Upcoming players like Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Shahrukh Khan have also displayed good performance in the first match and look like players who can be counted on.
- We feel that bowling is an area where the team struggles, and this weakness might haunt the team against stronger teams like KKR. The team only has two dependable bowlers− Rahul Chahar and Arshdeep Singh.
PBKS retained: Mayank Agarwal, Arshdeep Singh
PUNJAB KINGS PROBABLE PLAYING XI
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings Key Players
Kolkata Knight Riders Key Players
- Ajinkya Rahane: The seasoned Indian-team player has been with the Knight Riders for many years, during which he has immensely contributed to the team’s positive performance. Considered a typical test player in international matches, Rahane literally changes his avatar in IPL. He is a hard-hitter who holds the crease as well as scores quick runs, be who may be the bowler.
- Shreyas Iyer: Captain Iyer features in the top 20 list of ICC T20 Batting rankings and brings a delectable combination of tactful and hard-hitting batting skills to the table. Shreyas Iyer has previously captained Delhi Capitals and has always been recognised for his ability to strategise with limited capabilities and players.
- Umesh Yadav: The IPL 2022 matches will only be held in Maharashtra state, so expect pace to be a key factor for winning matches. That’s where Umesh Yadav comes in. Not only does he have the experience of playing against a wide variety of domestic and international batsmen, but his command over line and length is exceptional and most importantly, he delivers consistently. He also holds the record of taking the 12th highest number of wickets (121) across all fourteen IPL seasons until now.
Punjab Kings Key Players
- Shikhar Dhawan: The aggressive batsman has a playing style similar to the legendary Virender Sehwag. He is an experienced player who can be counted upon to score runs when the bowling is not in your favour. When Dhawan is on the crease, expect the match to turn even more exciting as the ball continuously hits the boundaries.
- Liam Livingstone: The young batsman is another hard-hitting batsman in Punjab’s squad, and has proved his worth in the two years he has spent in the IPL since he joined in 2019. So much was his demand, that he fetched a mind-boggling INR 11.50 crores in this mega auction, up from INR 75 lakhs in the IPL 2021 auction.
- Rahul Chahar: The leg-break googly spinner recently joined Punjab Kings from the Mumbai Indians team and is one of the lead bowlers in the team, in terms of both experience and skill. He has a T20 bowling economy of only 7.59, and is likely to prove vital in containing runs and getting important wickets with his difficult-to-play googly deliveries.
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings Head-to-Head Record
|Team||Won||Draw||Lost||No Result||Highest Score|
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.