2021 IPL Betting Predictions
Here’s our take on how the teams might fare in the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League. However, remember that even the best cricket predictions in the world cannot guarantee success. You will have to put in your own research for these IPL betting tips to work in your favour. Also, a generous sprinkling of luck obviously won’t hurt either.
Chennai Super Kings
Three-time champion Chennai Super Kings will look to get back to winning ways after missing out on the play-offs’ berth for the first time in 2020.
- Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium
- Coach: Stephen Fleming
- Captain: MS Dhoni
- Champions: 2010, 2011, 2018
- Matches played: 180
- Wins: 106
- Losses: 72
- Win %: 58.88
- Key players for IPL 2021: MS Dhoni (c), Faf du Plessis, Sam Curran, Ruturaj Gaikwad
CSK in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 2nd
- After missing out on a playoffs’ berth for the first time in 2020, CSK has bounced back in style this season.
- They’re currently sitting second in the points tally, only two points behind table-toppers Delhi Capitals. Their advantage is that they’ve played one game less than DC.
- Faf du Plessis has been in splendid form. The South African has piled on 320 runs, including four 50s (and a top score of 95 n.o). More importantly, he will be available for the rest of the league.
- With the ball, Sam Curran and Deepak Chahar have nine and eight scalps, respectively. Ravindra Jadeja has taken six wickets at an economy of less than seven.
- Moeen Ali has played like the world-class all-rounder that he is. He has taken five wickets (at just 6.16 runs per over), and with the bat, he is CSK’s second-highest run-scorer with 206 runs. Importantly, he’s been striking at an unbelievable 157 in this season. CSK will undoubtedly need plenty more from Moeen.
IPL Betting Prediction For CSK
We’re rooting for Dhoni and Co. to win their fourth IPL this time. Bet on CSK @ odds of 3.60 on Unibet.
Chennai Super Kings Team
Check out the CSK squad lineup over at the official IPL website.
Chennai Super Kings: IPL History
Kolkata Knight Riders
Anyone who has been following the IPL since the start will know that Kolkata Knight Riders is a strange (for the lack of a better word) outfit. They’ve been late bloomers, but hey, they’ve won the IPL twice – 2012 and 2014. On its day, KKR can overcome the most insurmountable of oppositions and then put up a pedestrian show the next day.
- Venue: Eden Gardens
- Coach: Brendon McCullum
- Captain: Eoin Morgan
- Champions: 2012, 2014
- Matches played: 196
- Wins: 99
- Losses: 93
- Win %: 51.56
- Key players for IPL 2021: Eoin Morgan (c), Shakib Al Hasan, Andre Russell, Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Tim Southee
KKR in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 7th
- Till now, KKR has won only two games and lost five. And if that weren’t bad enough, KKR also has a shoddy net run rate (NRR).
- KKR’s Achilles heel? The usual one. They depend heavily – in all departments — on superstar all-rounder Andre Russell. And to be fair, the big Jamaican has delivered despite not being 100% fit.
- Against CSK, Russell played a whirlwind innings of 54 from just 22 balls (that’s a strike rate of 246) but couldn’t get his team over the finish line. He even took a fifer vs Mumbai, and still KKR ended up on the losing side. But he can’t do it all on his own.
- Nitish Rana has delivered with the bat, putting up 201 runs, including two 50s. Rahul Tripathi has just about done his share as well, but that’s all to speak for their batters.
- With the ball, Aussie Pat Cummins was the only saving grace for KKR with nine wickets at 8.83 runs per over. But he will no longer be available for the remainder of the tournament as he’s opted out to prepare for the T20 World Cup and then the Ashes later this year.
- Tim Southee is on board. KKR will hope that the experienced New Zealander hits the ground running.
- KKR might bring in Shakib Al Hasan. He’s a class act who can lend stability to the middle order and bowl his quota of four overs.
IPL Betting Prediction For KKR
KKR undoubtedly has the batting and bowling chops. But the lack of depth in their batting order could come back to haunt them yet again. We reckon the team is unlikely to make the playoffs, and that’s precisely why KKR has odds of 34.00 on 10bet.
Kolkata Knight Riders Team
The official KKR squad can be found over at the official IPL site.
Kolkata Knight Riders: IPL History
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli’s Royal Challengers Bangalore are still huffing and puffing for their maiden IPL championship and will be desperate to do better than only reaching the playoffs, which they did in 2020.
- Venue: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Coach: Simon Katich
- Captain: Virat Kohli
- Champions: Never
- Matches played: 211
- Wins: 96
- Losses: 108
- Win %: 45.50
- Key players for IPL 2021: Virat Kohli (c), AB De Villiers, Glenn Maxwell, Yuzvendra Chahal, Devdutt Padikkal
RCB in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 3rd
- The RCB unit is an enigma, and we don’t mean it the good way. How a team that has had AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli in it for the better part of the decade has never won the title is puzzling, at the least. Worse still, RCB has only ever played two finals and made three playoff appearances in these 13 editions.
- But in 2021, RCB has done what they should have, winning five of their seven games so far. We reckon that in de Villiers, Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, and Devdutt Padikkal, the team has one of the most solid top orders ever in T20 cricket.
- But the man with the Midas touch has to be Harshal Patel, who has taken 17 wickets in seven matches and is the purple cap holder right now as we write this article. Kyle Jamieson, making his IPL debut, has also done a more-than-decent job with the ball.
IPL Betting Prediction For RCB
We think 2021 is RCB’s make-or-break year. It is, really, now or never. The team is extremely well balanced, the big names are performing, and some local players are also chipping in. We definitely expect RCB to make the playoffs (but we’re a little apprehensive of them winning, honestly).
In IPL betting, Kohli and his men are at 5.00 on Betway.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Team
The full lineup for the RCB squad is available at the official IPL site.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: IPL History
What’s in a name? Apparently so much, particularly when it comes to the Delhi-based outfit. Since having been rechristened Delhi Capitals, there has been a sudden change in fortune (for good) for the Ricky Ponting-coached and Rishabh Pant-led team.
Let’s see what IPL betting may have in store for you if you bet on Delhi Capitals.
- Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium (formerly Feroz Shah Kotla)
- Coach: Ricky Ponting
- Captain: Rishabh Pant
- Champions: Never
- Matches played: 192
- Wins: 85
- Losses: 104
- Win %: 44.40
- Key players for IPL 2021: Rishabh Pant (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada, Marcus Stoinis, Steven Smith
DC in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current Position: 1st
- We think that for Delhi, the postponement of the league came at a bad time. After eight matches, DC was flying — six wins and only two defeats – and sitting at the top of the table.
- Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan have given the team good starts, scoring 308 and 380 runs, respectively. Both Shaw and Dhawan have hit three 50s so far, and the latter is the league’s top run-getter as we speak. Stand-in captain Rishabh Pant has also piled on 213 runs, with two 50s.
- Avesh Khan, with 14 wickets in eight matches, has been their standout bowler.
- There is more good news; Shreyas Iyer is coming back to the DC fold after missing the first half.
- DC can also avail the services of the English trio — Chris Woakes, Sam Billings, and Tom Curran. The three were set to miss the UAE leg because of national duty, but fortunately for DC, the England-Bangladesh tour has been postponed.
IPL Betting Prediction For DC
Shreyas Iyer will be rallying a team of proven operators. Expectations are high, purely because of the talent pool and blistering form that the team has been in. Our IPL betting prediction for Delhi? Definitely the final. Bet on Delhi Capitals at 3.75 on Betway.
Delhi Capitals Team
See the lineup for the DC squad over at the official IPL site.
Delhi Capitals: IPL History
This team is a five-time champion, and that speaks of the reserves of talent Mumbai Indians pack. MI are one of the favourites this time around when it comes to IPL betting, and deservingly so. And the formula to success is simple – just keep the core group the same, retain T20 specialists, and not fix what doesn’t need fixing.
- Venue: Wankhede Stadium
- Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
- Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Champions: 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Matches played: 204
- Wins: 120
- Losses: 83
- Win %: 58.82
- Key players for IPL 2021: Rohit Sharma (c), Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Quinton de Kock, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan
MI in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 4th
- MI have always been late bloomers but eventually finds their footing and hits their straps at the business end of the tournament. It is no different this time around.
- Skipper Rohit Sharma has by far been the most consistent of the lot, with 250 runs to his name. However, he only has one 50, suggesting that he’s had starts but not really converted much and kicked on.
- Suryakumar Yadav has been what he usually is: solid over spectacular. And you can never keep Kieron Pollard down for long; the star all-rounder hit a brilliant 87 n.o in one match.
- Spinner Rahul Chahar has 11 wickets to his name and has been MI’s best bowler in IPL 2021 so far.
- Trent Boult has been alright too; the Kiwi has taken eight wickets till now but at an economy of more than eight. Bumrah, on the other hand, has only taken six wickets but at a better economy of 7.11.
IPL Betting Prediction For MI
When it comes to IPL betting, Mumbai Indians have always been the favourites. But this time, there are a few creases to be ironed out. The management will hope the Pandya brothers hit form now when it matters the most. Also, picking the fourth overseas (besides Pollard, Boult, and de Kock) player will be a little tricky.
Our verdict is MI will undoubtedly reach the playoffs. But can they win the IPL the sixth time? Maybe not, especially with CSK and DC on the rise. But remember, the Indians are a champion side that knows how to hold its nerve in the most critical phases in a match.
Mumbai Indians Team
Check out the lineup for the MI squad at the official ILP site.
Mumbai Indians: IPL History
Sunrisers Hyderabad, champion in 2016 and runner-up in 2018, will look to enter the playoffs for a sixth consecutive time. They’ve always been a team to beat, and that’s why SRH almost always figures among the IPL betting favourites. How does the Orange Army compare on paper?
- Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium
- Coach: Trevor Bayliss
- Captain: David Warner
- Champions: 2016
- Matches played: 125
- Wins: 66
- Losses: 58
- Win %: 53.00
- Key players for IPL 2021: David Warner (c), Kane Williamson, Jonny Bairstow, Rashid Khan, T Natarajan
SRH in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 8th
- The Sunrisers haven’t done well in 2021 so far, sitting at the bottom of the table with only one win from their six games.
- David Warner has struggled with both batting and captaincy, so much so that Kiwi Kane Williamson had to be appointed skipper midway through the league.
- Rashid Khan has delivered, taking 10 wickets so far at an excellent economy rate of 6.14.
- The good news is that both Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi are available for the UAE leg. The Afghans’ involvement was hanging in the balance given how the scenario is in Afghanistan. Both are match winners, and SRH will hope for big things from the duo.
IPL Betting Prediction For SRH
The damage has already been done. Our IPL betting prediction is that SRH will do well to eventually finish anywhere but rock bottom. Sunrisers Hyderabad is 51.00 on Unibet, a true reflection of their chances in the remainder of the league.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Team
See the lineup for the SRH squad at the official IPL site.
Sunrisers Hyderabad: IPL History
The men from Punjab are still looking for their maiden IPL title, despite finishing second in 2014. Called Kings XI Punjab till the last season, Punjab Kings (PBKS) are consistently inconsistent, not having made the playoffs in the previous six editions of the IPL.
Will the rebranding exercise help?
- Venue: IS Bindra Stadium
- Coach: Anil Kumble
- Captain: KL Rahul
- Champions: Never
- Matches played: 190
- Wins: 87
- Losses: 101
- Win %: 45.29
- Key players for IPL 2021: KL Rahul (c), Chris Gayle, Mohammed Shami, Jhye Richardson, Chris Jordan, Moises Henriques
PBKS in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 6th
- Another IPL, yet another year of struggle. PBKS just can’t seem to get their balance right. It is only the brilliance of skipper KL Rahul that barely manages to prop up the outfit. In 2021, he has scored 331 runs till now, and is the second-highest run-getter behind Shikhar Dhawan of the Delhi Capitals.
- The problem is the skipper is getting very little support from the other end. Mayank Agarwal has been decent, with 260 runs under his belt. But Chris Gayle just hasn’t been able to replicate his form from last year, averaging only 25 so far. For Nicholas Pooran, one of the world’s finest T20 batsmen, it has been a forgettable ride till now — seven games yielding only 28 runs.
- With the ball, Arshdeep Singh (7 wickets) and Mohammad Shami (8 wickets) have just been above par – the best of an otherwise poor bunch, really. The Aussie pair of Jhye Richardson and Riley Meredith have been extremely expensive, but the duo has been ruled out of the UAE leg.
IPL Betting Prediction For PBKS
It is difficult, but not impossible for PBKS to make the playoffs. However, for that to happen, the KL Rahul-led side will have to win at least four of the remaining six matches. For the sake of IPL betting, we tell you that’s not going to be easy. On top of that, Gayle and Pooran’s lack of form hasn’t really helped matters.
Punjab Kings Team
Check out the lineup for the PBKS squad over at the official IPL site.
Punjab Kings: IPL History
Winners of the inaugural Indian Premier League in 2008, the Rajasthan Royals‘ story has since been a largely disappointing one. Having finished seventh in 2019 and eighth in 2020, will the Sanju Samson-led side be able to pull itself out of the rut?
- Venue: Sawai Mansingh Stadium
- Coach: Andrew McDonald
- Captain: Sanju Samson
- Champions: 2008
- Matches played: 164
- Wins: 81
- Losses: 78
- Win %: 50.64
- Key players for IPL 2021: Sanju Samson (c), Chris Morris
RR in IPL 2021: Story So Far
- Current standing: 5th
- With three wins from seven matches, the 2021 IPL hasn’t been a complete debacle for the Jaipur-based outfit. They might still make the playoffs, but that’s really going to be a tall ask.
- Skipper Sanju Samson has been their best batsman so far, amassing 277 runs in seven games.
- Jos Buttler was in hot form, but he has pulled out of the UAE leg because of familial reasons.
- The problems don’t seem to end. David Miller hasn’t been in good touch, scoring only 102 runs from six games. RR will desperately want the South African to step up to the occasion, especially now when Buttler won’t be around.
- RR forked out a fortune for Chris Morris, and the all-rounder hasn’t disappointed. Morris has 14 wickets in seven games, and it could be just a matter of time before the South African gets among the runs as well. He can surely hit some lusty blows and play a mature innings at the same time.
- All said and done, Rajasthan Royals will feel the absence of their star players like Jofra Archer, Ben Stokes, and now Jos Buttler.
IPL Betting Prediction For RR
The good news first. Liam Livingstone has been in sizzling form, both for England and in The Hundred. While he wasn’t given a chance in the first half of the tournament, he’s a certain starter now, especially with some vital overseas players missing.
But, here’s the bad. The shoes of Buttler, Archer, and Stokes are not easy to fill. Therefore, RR will need Samson, Morris, Livingstone, and Mustafizur Rahman to step up if they want to make the playoffs.
Rajasthan Royals are 15.00 on Betway. Our verdict for IPL betting is that it’s going to be a tall ask for the team. Honestly, leaving aside Sanju Samson, we don’t see where the runs could possibly come from.
Rajasthan Royals Team
See the full lineup for the RR squad at the official IPL site.
Rajasthan Royals: IPL History
Popular Indian Premier League Betting Markets
|IPL Betting Market||How It Works||Best IPL Betting Site for This Market|
|Match Winner||Predict the winning team of a particular match||
|Outright Tournament Winner||Predict the winning team of IPL 2021||
|To Win the Toss||Wager on the captain who will win the toss||
|Top Team Batsman||Bet on the batsman you think will be the top-scorer for his team in a particular match||
|Top Team Bowler||Bet on the bowler you think will take the most wickets for his team in any match||
|Man of the Match||Bet on who could become the MOTM||
|Highest Opening Partnership||Wager on which side will put the highest runs on the board for the 1st wicket||
|Total Runs O/U||Bet on whether the total runs in a match will be over/under the limit set by the bookie||
|1st Innings Total Runs||Bet on how many runs will be scored by the team batting first||
|1st Over Team Runs||Bet on how many runs would be scored in the 1st over of a match||
|Most Run-outs||Wager on which team will have the most run-outs in a game||
|Match 50||Yes/No wager on whether a 50 will be scored in a match (irrespective of the batting team)||
|Match 100||Yes/No wager on whether a 100 will be scored in a match (irrespective of the batting team)||
|Most Sixes in a Match||Bet on the team/batsman you think will hit the most sixes in a match||
|Total Sixes in a Match||O/U wager on how many sixes you think will be hit in a match||
|1st Wicket Method||Bet on the method of the first dismissal. Choose from ‘Caught’, ‘Bowled’, ‘Run-out’, ‘LBW’, ‘Stumped’, and ‘Others’||
IPL Tournament Format
Here’s your Indian Premier League 101:
- Countries: India
- Administrative Body: BCCI
- Format: T20
- Inaugural Edition: 2008
- Last Edition: 2020
- Next Edition: 2021
- Number of Teams: 8 (as of now)
- Tournament Structure: Double round-robin followed by playoffs
- Defending Champions: Mumbai Indians (5th IPL Title)
- Most Successful Team: Mumbai Indians (5 Titles)
- Maximum Runs: Virat Kohli (5878 runs)
- Maximum Wickets: Lasith Malinga (170 wickets)
- Most Consistent Team: Chennai Super Kings (8 Finals, 3 IPL Titles)
- Official Broadcaster: STAR SPORTS
- Official Website: IPLT20.com
Indian Premier League Betting
When will the IPL 2021 season take place?
IPL 2021, also known as IPL 14 or Vivo IPL 2021, started on April 9th and will continue until May 31st. Matches are to be played across 6 different venues spread across India, with a total of 8 teams participating.
IPL 2022 Schedule: Fixtures
Don’t blink! The IPL 2022 season promises to be a cracker, and with action to follow on a daily basis, we can’t wait to see how things will unfold. Below we will be posting the latest IPL 2022 schedule, with fixtures & results regularly updated.
Generally speaking, a safe way to approach Indian Premier League betting is to know which teams have fared well and those that have become champions in the past. Handsome IPL odds notwithstanding, you should ideally keep an eye out on the performance of these sides, as that can be your ticket to big winnings.
|2020||Mumbai Indians||Delhi Capitals|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Rising Pune Supergiant (now dissolved)|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Chennai Super Kings|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Mumbai Indians|
|2009||Deccan Chargers (now defunct)||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2008||Rajasthan Royals||Chennai Super Kings|
Indian Premier League Betting – Stats Corner
Below are a few all-time IPL records. This isn’t a comprehensive list, so be sure to head to the IPL stats section where you can toggle between all-time and season stats, in order to maximise your winnings.
- Most Runs: Virat Kohli (5878)
- Most 6s: Chris Gayle (349 Sixes)
- Most 4s: Shikhar Dhawan (591 Fours)
- Highest Individual Score: Chris Gayle (175*)
- Best Strike Rate: Andre Russell (182.33)
- Most Wickets: Lasith Malinga (170)
- Best Bowling Average: Kagiso Rabada (18.09)
- Best Economy Rate: Rashid Khan (6.24)
- Best Individual Bowling Figures: Alzarri Joseph (6/12)
- Most Dot Balls: Harbhajan Singh (1249)
We also compiled a list of key stats to keep in mind when betting on the IPL Final.
IPL Betting FAQs
When will the 2021 Indian Premier League resume?
The Indian Premier League in 2021 started in April, but had to be put on the backburner in May because of the health situation across the country. The remainder of the league will resume in the UAE on September 19 and culminate with the big final on October 15.
What are some of the best IPL betting sites?
Are the IPL betting sites listed here safe?
Absolutely! All the sites we’ve recommended here are regulated and licensed by appropriate authorities like the UKGC, the Malta Gaming Authority, and the Curacao Gaming Control Board. You can expect fairness, complete transparency, and end-to-end security for your banking and personal information.
Which IPL betting sites offer competitive IPL odds?
All the IPL betting sites listed in this article (will) offer impressive IPL odds. However, our suggestion is that you don’t settle for the first bookie you come across. Shop around and put in your research in finding the most competitive odds. That’s because it is not only about the best IPL odds; you should also hunt for the top betting offers and free bets, which can further increase your winnings.
Which teams have been the most successful?
For the sake of IPL betting, you should know which outfits have lifted the trophy the maximum number of times. Since the league started in 2008, the Chennai Super Kings have been the most consistent, having reached the finals eight times and won the title three times (2010, 2011, 2018). The Kolkata Knight Riders have won it twice (2012, 2014). The Mumbai Indians have tasted sweet success a whopping five times (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020).
The Punjab Kings (formerly Kings XI Punjab), Delhi Capitals (formerly Delhi Daredevils), and Royal Challengers Bangalore have never lifted the trophy.
Geo-restrictions apply. You must have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
The IPL betting sites we’ve compiled here regularly update the latest IPL odds across a range of betting markets. All of this happens in real time, meaning you can enjoy the most liberal in-play IPL odds with up-to-the-minute adjustments.
On a final note, always gamble wisely by following the best money-management tips to protect your bankroll at all times.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.