Caribbean Premier League 2022: At a Glance
The West Indies Cricket Board set up the Caribbean Premier League to take over as the official domestic T20 series of the country, replacing the Caribbean Twenty20 that started in 2010.
The league was conceptualised with six teams in mind, and the structure continues to date. Here are the teams competing in the 2022 Caribbean Premier League:
- Trinbago Knight Riders (Queen’s Park Oval and Brian Lara Cricket Academy Ground)
- Barbados Royals (Kensington Oval)
- Jamaica Tallawahs (Sabina Park and Central Broward Regional Park)
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots (Warner Park, Basseterre)
- Guyana Amazon Warriors (Providence Stadium)
- St Lucia Kings (Darren Sammy Stadium)
Caribbean Premier League 2022: A Snapshot
- Scheduled from: August 31 – September 30
- Number of teams: 6
- Format: Round-robin followed by qualifiers and eliminator
- Current titleholder: St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
Caribbean Premier League Betting: Todays’ Match Odds
Since the tournament is still some time away, maximum bookmakers haven’t yet come up with their CPL betting odds. We only have match odds from Parimatch on the day of writing this guide, and you will find them below. We will be updating individual match odds for the Caribbean Premier League here as and when the cricket betting apps and sites release them. So, be sure to watch this space.
Where Can I Watch Caribbean Premier League 2022?
The CPL has earned its stripes as one of the world’s top cricket tournaments, attracting millions of eyeballs globally for casual viewership and betting. Sony Six is the official TV partner for broadcasting the matches live in Asian countries like India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. However, there are several more options for you to watch the games live, whether on bookies offering live streaming or other sports apps like FanCode.
Caribbean Premier League Betting Tips And Predictions
The CPL, scheduled from August 31 to September 30, will feature 34 high-octane clashes between six of the Caribbean’s best T20 outfits. Though we don’t have odds from maximum bookmakers, we have compiled the following CPL betting tips in keeping with the current form of individual players and the teams:
- Defending champions St Kitts & Nevis Patriots are expected to do an encore this year. They have boosted their squad strength by retaining performers like Dwayne Bravo and Evin Lewis and signing other high-profile names like Dwaine Pretorius and Darren Bravo.
- The Royals and Tallawahs have made some tactical squad changes, but unless the new players hit the ground running, we expect the two teams to perform much the same way as they did last year.
- Among the batsmen, we expect Evin Lewis, Roston Chase, Quinton de Kock, Colin Munro, Andre Russell, Sherfane Rutherford, Faf du Plessis, Kyle Mayers, and Shai Hope to be among the runs.
- When it comes to the teams’ bowling chops, it’s an excellent mix of spin and pace. Gudakesh Motie, Imran Tahir, Sunil Narine, Akeal Hosein, Jeavor Royal, Odean Smith, Maheesh Theekshana, and seasoned all-rounder Dwayne Bravo should provide all the fireworks.
CPL Betting 2022: Team Previews
- Trinbago Knight Riders
- The Trinbago Knight Riders have won the maximum number of times – 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2020. In 2021, they finished third.
- The team already had a battle-ready squad, which got a shot in the arm when the management signed two marquee players during the CPL 2022 auctions, Andre Russell from Jamaica Tallawahs and Nicholas Pooran from Guyana Amazon Warriors.
- The highest wicket-taker of the last season, Ravi Rampaul, will stay with the squad till September 12, after which he will be replaced by Sri Lankan Maheesh Theekshana.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS KEY PLAYERS
2. Barbados Royals
- The Royals have had a few underwhelming seasons of late, finishing at the bottom in 2021 and fifth in the season before that. The team has won two titles (2014, 2019).
- This season, the Royals will hope that Azam Khan, Kyle Mayers, Quinton de Kock, and David Miller fire with the bat. The two South Africans have joined the squad this time, and they bring a ton of T20 franchise cricket experience with them.
BARBADOS ROYALS KEY PLAYERS
3. Jamaica Tallawahs
- The inaugural title winners have been going through a dry phase, faring poorly since the past four seasons.
- The Tallawahs have lost a key player in Andre Russell, and we are eager to see if the new signee, Brandon King, can make up for his absence.
- The team is desperately looking to turn its fortunes around, picking up players like Brandon King, Sandeep Lamichhane, and Mohammad Amir.
JAMAICA TALLAWAHS KEY PLAYERS
4. St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
- The defending champions won their maiden title last year.
- The last season saw two underdogs, Patriots and St Lucia Kings, reach the finals.
- The Patriots have a lineup consisting of seasoned T20 players like Dwayne Bravo and new signings like Dwaine Pretorius, Dewald Brevis, and Wanindu Hasaranga, whom we expect will help the team mount yet another successful CPL campaign.
ST KITTS & NEVIS PATRIOTS KEY PLAYERS
5. Guyana Amazon Warriors
- The Warriors have reached the finals on five occasions (2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019), only to leave empty-handed every time.
- The team signed the in-form Shai Hope in one of the biggest moves of the draft.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS KEY PLAYERS
6. St Lucia Kings
- Finalists in the last two seasons but hasn’t found any luck so far in winning a title.
- However, it is an enviable batting order, starring the likes of Faf du Plessis and Roston Chase. The team almost always manages to put up a decent score when batting first.
- Among the bowlers, we’ll watch out for Alzarri Joseph, Kesrick Williams, and Jeavor Royal.
ST LUCIA KINGS KEY PLAYERS
CPL 2022: Tournament Structure
- The league has six teams in total and follows a double round-robin format followed by qualifiers, an eliminator, and then the finals.
- Each team can have a maximum of only 15 players in its squad, with five international players.
- A total of 30 matches will be played in the group stage. The top 4 teams proceed to the qualifiers.
Caribbean Premier League Betting: Key Stats & Info
You must learn past records and statistics, as that will help you make informed CPL betting choices. You can explore more such stats, H2H records, and every other point of analysis at some of India’s top cricket betting analysis websites like Cricbuzz and ESPNcricinfo.
- Roston Chase was the highest runs-scorer in the previous season (446), followed by Evin Lewis (426) and Faf du Plessis (277).
- Andre Fletcher (St Kitts and Nevis Patriots) is the overall highest run-scorer among all the active players right now (2310), followed by Johnson Charles (2272) of Saint Lucia Kings.
- Andre Russell of Trinbago Knight Riders has the highest strike rate (173.37) followed by Fabian Allen (162.32) of Jamaica Tallawahs.
- Ravi Rampaul was the highest wicket-taker (19) in the previous season, followed by Odean Smith (18) and Romario Shepherd (18).
- Overall, HR Walsh has the best bowling figures of 5/19, followed jointly by DJ Bravo and David Wiese (5/23).
- Overall, Sunil Narine has been the most economical (5.32), followed by Sandeep Lamichhane (5.80).
Caribbean Premier League: Past Winners
|2021||St Kitts and Nevis Patriots||St Lucia Kings|
|2020||Trinbago Knight Riders||St Lucia Zouks (now St Lucia Kings)|
|2019||Barbados Royals||Guyana Amazon Warriors|
|2018||Trinbago Knight Riders||Guyana Amazon Warriors|
|2017||Trinbago Knight Riders||St Kitts and Nevis Patriots|
|2016||Jamaica Tallawahs||Guyana Amazon Warriors|
|2015||Trinbago Knight Riders||Barbados Royals|
|2014||Barbados Royals||Guyana Amazon Warriors|
|2013||Jamaica Tallawahs||Guyana Amazon Warriors|
Caribbean Premier League 2021 Summary
The 2021 CPL was the ninth edition of the tournament. The Trinbago Knight Riders were the defending champions, but they were knocked out of the party by St Lucia Kings in the 1st semi-final. St Kitts & Nevis Patriots defeated Guyana Amazon Warriors in the 2nd semi-final before making the St Lucia Kings bit the dust in the final by 3 wickets. It was the St Kitts’ maiden CPL trophy.
Caribbean Premier League Betting FAQs
What is the CPL schedule for 2022?
Where can I watch the CPL?
You can watch all matches from the Caribbean Premier League on the Sony Six channel in India, or on the FanCode app for a nominal fee of ₹99 a month.
Which are some of the best sites for betting on the Caribbean Premier League?
The sites we recommend for Caribbean Premier League betting are 10CRIC, bet365, and Betway.
Are all the CPL betting sites listed here safe?
Totally! All our recommended CPL betting sites undergo an extensive review and background check before going up on our portals for your consideration.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
While the CPL is yet to draw a large lot of the top-ranked international players, the league is seeing exponential growth, and it is only a matter of time until the bigwigs look its way.
CPL betting is witnessing an increased momentum, and a majority of the top bookies are also offering high-value free bets and cricket livestreaming for the tournament. If you are looking for a good time with a dash of extra entertainment, dabble in Caribbean Premier League betting this season!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.