Asia Cup 2022: At A Glance
You will already be familiar with some of the world’s top cricket tournaments like the IPL, the ODI Cricket World Cup, and the T20 World Cup. The upcoming Asia Cup is also in the same league, promising to be as action-packed as any other. After all, the tournament consists of teams with a legion of fans rallying behind them. The icing on the cake is sure to be the India vs Pakistan match, scheduled on August 28.
- The last edition of the Asia Cup was played in 2018 in the UAE. That was the ODI format, which India won.
- The 2020 edition was cancelled due to the pandemic; hence the T20 format has been retained for Asia Cup 2022.
- Initially, Sri Lanka was supposed to host the tournament in 2022. However, due to the economic and political challenges facing the country at this time, the ACC, on July 27, officially decided to stage the event in the UAE. Sri Lanka, however, still holds the hosting rights.
That said, there is no change in the Asia Cup 2022 schedule, which means the tournament will be held from August 27 to September 11.
Asia Cup 2022: A snapshot
- Scheduled from: August 27 to September 11
- Number of teams: 6
- Format: T20
- Structure: Group stages followed by final
- Defending champions: India
Asia Cup 2022 Betting Odds
Since the tournament is still a month away, bookmakers have not yet released Asia Cup betting odds. We will update all the latest odds from five of India’s best cricket betting apps here as soon as the bookies publish them. In the meantime, check out the most commonly accepted betting payment methods by bookmakers.
Asia Cup 2022 Betting Odds (Tournament Winner)
We will update the outright odds for Asia Cup 2022 as soon the bookies publish them.
Asia Cup Betting 2022: Today’s Match Odds
We will be updating individual match odds for Asia Cup betting here as and when the bookmakers release them. Be sure to watch this space!
Where Can I Watch Asia Cup 2022?
In India, the 2022 Asia Cup will be broadcast live on the Star Sports network. You can also catch all the live action on Disney + Hotstar, which has won the rights to live stream the matches. As on July 29, 2022, you can avail any of the following Disney+Hotstar subscriptions:
- Mobile plan: Rs 149 for 3 months
- Mobile plan: Rs 499 for 1 year
- Super plan: Rs 899 for 1 year
- Premium plan: Rs 1499 for 1 year
Asia Cup 2022 Betting Tips And Predictions
Though we do not have any information regarding betting odds, we have compiled the following Asia Cup betting tips in keeping with the current form of individual players and the teams:
- The tournament will be played in the UAE, so chances are the weather will be sweltering at this time of the year. We expect the pitches to crack, which means the spinners will play a vital role in the tournament.
- Expect low to moderate scoring games for most of the matches.
- Most of the captains would prefer to chase.
- Among the batsmen, expect Babar Azam, Mohammed Rizwan, and Suryakumar Yadav to be consistent performers.
- Rashid Khan, Shaheen Afridi, and Yuzvendra Chahal will probably be the pick of the bowlers.
Asia Cup Betting 2022: Team Previews
- The Pakistanis are the most formidable side this time, with an excellent mix throughout their order. Not to forget their quality in both pace and spin.
- Currently ranked 3rd in the ICC T20 rankings, Pakistan would be gunning for their third Asia Cup title.
- The only apparent weakness is the team’s inability to handle their nerves in pressure situations and knock-out matches in big tournaments.
Pakistan Key Players
- The defending champions are definitely among the favourites to lift the trophy. A few days back, the Men in Blue smashed a world record of 12 consecutive wins in T20Is.
- Currently the top-ranked side in the ICC rankings, India will be eyeing their 8th Continental title.
- Of late, they have been having trouble with their inconsistent batting lineup. The poor form of marquee players like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Rishabh Pant is a cause of concern.
India Key Players
3. Sri Lanka
- The Sri Lankan outfit is not at its peak. The five-time champions are currently ranked 8th in ICC T20 rankings.
- They have, however, improved their performance in the last few months.
- They will be considered dark horses in the title race.
Sri Lanka Key Players
- Asia Cup runners-up in the last two editions, Bangladesh has had a difficult time keeping calm in high-pressure knockout matches.
- The team’s T20 record in recent times is nothing to write home about.
- Currently ranked 9th in the ICC T20 rankings, they have slim to no chance of winning the title.
Bangladesh Key Players
- They have been a consistent T20 side. However, we think Afghanistan does not have the required bench strength to win the tournament.
- Currently ranked 10th in T20Is, Afghanistan does have a quality bowling attack — resting on Rashid Khan — that can trouble any team on a given day.
Afghanistan Key Players
Asia Cup 2022: Tournament Structure
Even though the schedule for this mega event is still not yet out, speculation is rife that the format used in 2018 will be repeated this time. If that happens, then the structure will be as follows:
- Group Stage: There would be two groups of 3 teams each. A team plays two matches each in their respective groups. Hence a total of six games would be played in this phase.
- Super Four: The top 2 teams from each group would proceed to the Super Four stage. Here all the teams would play against each other once. Hence, here too, a total of 6 matches would be played.
- Final: The top 2 teams from the Super Four will play the final on September 11 to lift the coveted trophy.
Asia Cup: Key Stats & Info
Asia Cup 2022 is set to be a memorable tournament, but what can we expect? Below, we will explore some key statistics so that you can make informed choices as you gear up to bet on the Asia Cup.
- Most Titles: India (7)
- Maximum Appearances: Sri Lanka (13)
- Highest Score: Pakistan 385/7 vs Bangladesh in 2010
- Lowest Score: UAE 81/9 vs India in 2016
- Most Runs: Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka (1220)
- Highest Individual Score: Virat Kohli of India (183) vs Pakistan in 2012
- Highest Average: Angelo Matthews of Sri Lanka (82.75)
- Highest Strike Rate: Shahid Afridi of Pakistan (140.74)
- Most Centuries: Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka (6)
- Most Wickets: Lasith Malinga of Sri Lanka (33)
- Best Bowling Figures: Ajanta Mendis of Sri Lanka (6/13) vs India in 2008
Asia Cup: Past Winners
|Year||Format||Hosts||No. of teams||Winner||Runner-up|
|2010||ODI||Sri Lanka||4||India||Sri Lanka|
|2004||ODI||Sri Lanka||6||Sri Lanka||India|
|1997||ODI||Sri Lanka||4||Sri Lanka||India|
|1986||ODI||Sri Lanka||3||Sri Lanka||Pakistan|
Asia Cup 2018 Summary
The 2018 Asia Cup was the 14th edition of the tournament, and it was played in the ODI format in the UAE. Team India was the defending champion, and they retained their title in 2018, defeating Bangladesh in the final by three wickets
The Asian Cricket Council’s (ACC) five full-time members played in the tournament: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. The sixth team was Hong Kong, who joined later after winning the 2018 qualifiers.
Asia Cup Betting FAQs
What is the Asia Cup schedule for 2022?
The exact Asia Cup 2022 schedule for individual matches isn’t out yet. However, the tournament gets underway on August 27, and the final will be played on September 11.
Where can I watch the 2022 Asia Cup?
In India, the Asia Cup 2022 will be broadcast live on the Star Sports network. You can also get a Disney+Hotstar subscription to catch all the live action.
Which are some of the best sites to bet on the 2022 Asia Cup?
If you were to ask us to narrow down to the top four bookmakers for Asia Cup betting, we’d go with Betway, bet365, 10CRIC, and Parimatch. That said, the others are equally good and offer a safe and reliable betting platform.
Who are the favourites to win the Asia Cup in 2022?
It’s still early days, so it’d not be wise to comment on which team are the favourites to win the tournament. However, going by current form, Pakistan has a good chance of lifting their third Asia Cup title. But you cannot discount India either, considering they’re arguably the strongest Asian cricket team at the moment.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
With top Asian teams locking horns, Asia Cup 2022 will be an excellent opportunity for cricket betting enthusiasts worldwide. In all probability, we can expect an India vs Pakistan final. Once the schedule and team squads are announced, the bookmakers are certain to spoil you with diverse markets and competitive Asia Cup betting odds. Meanwhile, you take a backseat and keep following this space for more updates.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.